Leolyte is a pediatrician recommended brand of oral electrolyte solution to help prevent dehydration due to diarrhea and vomiting.
LEOLYTE CALMS TROUBLED TUMMIES
Diarrhea and vomiting are signs of dehydration and a troubled tummy. Those tummies are not absorbing vital body fluids and nutrients, which means dehydration is inevitable.
Leolyte is different from your everyday household drink. It is formulated to hydrate and restore kids’ bodies, giving back the minerals and nutrients lost due to vomiting and diarrhea that can lead to dehydration. Leolyte is the leading pediatrician-recommended brand of electrolyte solution, and it gives troublesome tummies just what they need.
LEOLYTE AND ZINC
Leolyte contains zinc, which has been medically proven to treat diahhrea.
- Studies have shown that zinc treatment results in 25% reduction in duration of acute diarrhea and a 40% reduction in treatment failure in persistent diarrhea.
- Zinc improves the absorption of water and electrolytes, improves regeneration of the intestinal epithelium.
- Zinc increases the levels of brush border enzymes, enhancing the immune response and allowing for a better clearance of the pathogens.
WHO and UNICEF, in collaboration with USAID recommends a daily dose of zinc salt during acute diarrhea.
To start using your Leolyte drink, simply insert the straw into the opening.
- 6-12 Months/12-20 lbs or 5.5-9 kg: 1-3 fl oz or 29.50-90 mL per episode
- 12-24 Months/20-30 lbs or 9-14 kg : 1.5-4 fl oz or 45-120 mL per episode
- 2-4 Years/25-45 lbs or 11-20 kg: 2-6 fl oz or 60-175 mL per episode
- 4-8 Years/35-65 lbs or 16-30 kg: 5-12 fl oz or 150-350 mL per episode
- 8-12 Years/50-120 lbs or 23-55 kg: 8.5-20 fl oz or 250-600 mL per episode
- 12 years and above minimum of 8 fl oz per episode, and not to exceed 24 fl oz per episode.
For infants less than 6 months of age, consult your doctor on proper dosage requirements and before use. Leolyte is to be used at the onset of vomiting and/or diarrhea, along with your child’s normal food and beverage intake. Following the above guidelines, offer Leolyte after each episode of vomiting or diarrhea to help replace fluid and electrolyte lost. Additional amounts may be offered if child shows signs of discontinued thirst. Your doctor may specify a different amount based on your child’s age, weight and other factors. Consult your doctor before use. Usage guidelines should not replace medical advice.