Privine drops is a decongestant nose drop. It works by shrinking swollen and congested nasal tissues, relieving congestion and improving drainage and breathing through the nose.
Use for the temporary relief of nasal congestions:
- due to a cold
- due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies
- helps clear nasal passages; shrinks swollen membranes
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
Use Privine drops as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- To use nose drops, gently blow your nose. Lie down and tilt your head back. Breathe through your mouth.
- Insert the dropper tip in the nose no more than one-third inch. Try not to touch the dropper tip to the inside of your nose.
- Place the correct number of drops in your nose. Continue to lie down with your head tilted back for 2 minutes.
- If you miss a dose of Privine drops and are using it regularly, use it as soon as possible. If it is much more than an hour since your missed dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: 1 or 2 sprays in each nostril not more often than every 6 hours.
- children under 12 years of age: consult a doctor.
Store at room temperature 20°–25°C (68°–77°F).
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Privine drops.